Hermana Anna Michelle Schmidt's Journey in the Argentina Resistencia Mission


A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Lao-tzu

Thursday, January 28, 2010

My Rosetta Stone Arrived



Happy Day!! My Rosetta Stone arrived in the mail this evening right before my Mom and I left for the Temple!! I am sooo excited to start the program!! I'm actually starting to get annoyed by all the people asking me if I already speak Spanish. The majority of Missionaries I've ever talked to DON'T usually speak their Mission Language fluently til AFTER their mission. Hopefully with this "highly rated program" I will come very far before I report to the MTC March 31. The people at Barnes & Nobles told me that customers who have bought this program have come back and said they can converse easily in their new language after about a month of Rosetta Stone! EXCITING!! The Mission will be stressful enough so I see no reason why I shouldn't study as hard as I can beforethe MTC! Money well spent! Sadly Rosetta Stone doesn't have a specific program for Argentina but a co-worker of my Mom's is actually from there and she recommended buying the Spain version as it's very close!! Plus she said I would understand about 90% of the Spanish no matter which Rosetta program I get!!

1 comment:

  1. So it's been almost a month, are you able to "converse easily" yet? I really want to start one of their programs but I don't know which language to do first; Spanish would be very useful, but I've always wanted to learn Gaelic. Did you just get level one, or the whole deal?

    ReplyDelete