Hermana Anna Michelle Schmidt's Journey in the Argentina Resistencia Mission


A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Lao-tzu

Monday, February 22, 2010

Shopping for Missionary Clothes

So yes I'm not ashamed to admit that I do care about how I look and being a future Sister Missionary means I'll be sacrificing a certain level of cuteness & accessorizing. HOWEVER since serving a mission is NOT about me and about serving others I just have to suck it up!! In the space of 4 days I managed to find about 80% of my missionary wardrobe after figuring out where I could find great deals on good quality clothes and actually find clothes that follow the strict Missionary Guidelines!! For you non-mormons my wardrobe is pretty much Corporate America with longer hemlines ; ) I want to help any of you future Sister missionaries so I will be posting the places I went and the things I found!!

Keep in Mind- YOU MUST TAKE THE TIME to thumb through all the racks of clothes and you'll be AMAZED what great marked down designer stuff you can find at:

TJMAXX
Marshalls
Ross
Burlington Coat Factory


I found about 4 black mid calf length skirts/ 2 brown skirts/ 1 gray skirt/ 4 cute colorful skirts and some really cute blouses and designer sweaters. I also found 2 pairs of PERFECT missionary high quality shoes which were both half off!!!

Kohls is another great place with corporate clothing!! I found about 8 blouses all different colors long sleeve and short sleeves.

Also the outlets at Katy Mills have lots of fantastic places with marked down clothing! I went into Gap and bought about 6 different colored cardigans to throw over my blouses when the weather is cold in Argentina.

Another really fabulous place is STEINMART!!! They have some really amazing designer clothes from high-end retails & shops.....I found some gorgeous longer skirts there and they are higher quality for I know they'll last!!

I'm not done but I'm making serious progress!! Maybe this will help you future Sister Missionaries!!

1 comment:

  1. I think you will be a darling, fashionable, as well as dedicated and devoted missionary! You always look great!

    ReplyDelete