Thursday, August 12, 2010
Sorry about the delay!
I haven't posted in a couple of weeks because of finals and everything. But here's Anna's most recent email from August 9th:
Hello! Thank you for your emails!!!!!!!!!
Another week has gone by....... I only have 2 weeks until transfers and I am praying that I´ll have a companion who speaks english and Spanish fluently and whos really going to be able to guide us in the missionary work in Ituzaingo Corrientes and really lead us!!!
I was pretty upset when I got that blessing that said I was also here to help my companion because I'm new and I need help! But I am happy to say that in one week we have 3 investigaters with baptism dates. Hopefully these investigators will make it to those dates. I felt really inspired that we needed to ask these people to set a goal of baptism and they all said yes....hopefully they will attend church so this can happen.
I have some funny stories and random stuff to share. I've been emailing about our new investigator Salvador Florida who really likes me because I look like his family!! They are all tall blondes (Rubios) with blue eyes! He lives alone here in Ituzaingo but is friends with like the entire town I think! We have been teaching him and he really likes everything we have been teaching. He actually came to Sacrament meeting last sunday and it was testimony meeting and it really stuck out to him. He really like how we share our testimonies!! Anyway he is just awesome and really has a place in my heart. He's this tall 64 yr old man with blonde hair and blue eyes and very Argentine. There are alot of Germans in different parts Argentina (they are all blonde so I can tell who the germans are) but in my little "beach town" Ituzaingo- people are NOT used to blondes which is why I hear catcalls and whistles and kissy noises everywhere I go and its VERY annoying.
Anyway Hermano (brother) Salvador actually had us over for Almuerzo (lunch...biggest meal here where everyone eats together) and he made the most delicious barbecue EVER!! It was really sweet!! I will eventually email pictures as well.........I have tons of pictures to send to ya'll!! Well whenever we teach we always begin by singing a hyms to invite the spirit and all that.
Well we were singing I am a child of God to Hermano Salvador and his cat comes into the room and starts meowing softly.........we continued singing and the meowing got louder and Louder and Louder.....I look over and hermano is trying to shush the Cat and be very respectful while doing it because he respects us. Well it got to the point where it was distracting because the cat was so loud and hermano got really frustrated with his cat!!!
I was trying to not to die laughing while this man is waving his hand at his cat and eventually got up and kicked the cat out of the room but the cat wouldn´t leave.....one of the funniest things I've ever seen and when he came back and sat down all frustrated- I looked at him and said "Que chistoso" which is "how funny"!! He looked up at me and I burst out laughing!! My companion started laughing too and then Hermano loved how we had a sense of humor about the whole thing. He said something about how the cat wanted food but was fat enough. Really funny...he later said the cat wanted to sing with us.
I brought pictures of my family to share with him and he shared all his family pictures. Really awesome and fun and when I teach him I know he understands everything I'm saying and it touched by the Spirit strongly. We are teaching the word of wisdom soon because he drinks and smokes alittle so we need to teach that right away so he can be baptized. He has accepted a date in Sept!
Yep....so we are teaching lots of people but people in this are won't go to church or do commitments so we are working hard to fix this. Noel Gomez is still here visiting her family and my companion and I had been able to spend 3 p-days with her!!! My companion, who is very sweet but totally oblivious never told me that the missionaries always do their laundry at the Gomez house cause they have a washer and a spinner !!!!! So I've been able to actually get out of our apartment on p days now because we would spend the whole day in the apartment for p day and my companion finally understood that I was depressed about this. So she has been very sweet and supportive with us leaving our apartment and making sure I get to vent and relax. Having Noel here has been so awesome!
She told me that I'm the first and only missionary she had talked in english to!!!! She told me that hermana Gomez (her mom) was like" you need to talk to her because no one in this town speaks english but you and I can tell that she is lonely" Now Noel and I are like best friends now and she is acutally going to serve a mission after she finishes her Masters in Resistencia. Seriously I love the Gomez family!! They are like the only 100% solid family in the church in Ituzaingo.....theres maybe 1 other family thats strong in the church but has a lot of serious problems. Anyway I`ve written about the Gomez family before. I love them and many members here serve the missionaries soooo much. We need to do the same in our homes and wards!! Its so awesome when people want to listen and learn from the missionaries because they love us soooo much. Its hilarious how being a missionary can invoke the craziest reactions from people.
People can dislike you so much and then around the corner you met someone who just grabs your face with love because you are teaching their family who are not yet members. Anyway Mom hopefully I will get your envelope not this wednesday but next Wednesday at my district meeting in POsada. My mission is HUGE and so all our mail goes to the mission office in Resistencia and then gets distributed out to the areas of the missionaries which is 4 different states. I get all my mail when my companion and I go to Posada which is like a big city where we have our meetings for District.
I'm actually hoping to go to Posada as my next area in my mission but I don't think that will happen for another 4 months. I'm pretty sure my companion will be leaving in 2 weeks at this next tranfer.........I'm praying to have a really strong leader as my next companion. I love you all every much and pray for everyone everyday. love hermana Schmidt
Hello! Thank you for your emails!!!!!!!!!
Another week has gone by....... I only have 2 weeks until transfers and I am praying that I´ll have a companion who speaks english and Spanish fluently and whos really going to be able to guide us in the missionary work in Ituzaingo Corrientes and really lead us!!!
I was pretty upset when I got that blessing that said I was also here to help my companion because I'm new and I need help! But I am happy to say that in one week we have 3 investigaters with baptism dates. Hopefully these investigators will make it to those dates. I felt really inspired that we needed to ask these people to set a goal of baptism and they all said yes....hopefully they will attend church so this can happen.
I have some funny stories and random stuff to share. I've been emailing about our new investigator Salvador Florida who really likes me because I look like his family!! They are all tall blondes (Rubios) with blue eyes! He lives alone here in Ituzaingo but is friends with like the entire town I think! We have been teaching him and he really likes everything we have been teaching. He actually came to Sacrament meeting last sunday and it was testimony meeting and it really stuck out to him. He really like how we share our testimonies!! Anyway he is just awesome and really has a place in my heart. He's this tall 64 yr old man with blonde hair and blue eyes and very Argentine. There are alot of Germans in different parts Argentina (they are all blonde so I can tell who the germans are) but in my little "beach town" Ituzaingo- people are NOT used to blondes which is why I hear catcalls and whistles and kissy noises everywhere I go and its VERY annoying.
Anyway Hermano (brother) Salvador actually had us over for Almuerzo (lunch...biggest meal here where everyone eats together) and he made the most delicious barbecue EVER!! It was really sweet!! I will eventually email pictures as well.........I have tons of pictures to send to ya'll!! Well whenever we teach we always begin by singing a hyms to invite the spirit and all that.
Well we were singing I am a child of God to Hermano Salvador and his cat comes into the room and starts meowing softly.........we continued singing and the meowing got louder and Louder and Louder.....I look over and hermano is trying to shush the Cat and be very respectful while doing it because he respects us. Well it got to the point where it was distracting because the cat was so loud and hermano got really frustrated with his cat!!!
I was trying to not to die laughing while this man is waving his hand at his cat and eventually got up and kicked the cat out of the room but the cat wouldn´t leave.....one of the funniest things I've ever seen and when he came back and sat down all frustrated- I looked at him and said "Que chistoso" which is "how funny"!! He looked up at me and I burst out laughing!! My companion started laughing too and then Hermano loved how we had a sense of humor about the whole thing. He said something about how the cat wanted food but was fat enough. Really funny...he later said the cat wanted to sing with us.
I brought pictures of my family to share with him and he shared all his family pictures. Really awesome and fun and when I teach him I know he understands everything I'm saying and it touched by the Spirit strongly. We are teaching the word of wisdom soon because he drinks and smokes alittle so we need to teach that right away so he can be baptized. He has accepted a date in Sept!
Yep....so we are teaching lots of people but people in this are won't go to church or do commitments so we are working hard to fix this. Noel Gomez is still here visiting her family and my companion and I had been able to spend 3 p-days with her!!! My companion, who is very sweet but totally oblivious never told me that the missionaries always do their laundry at the Gomez house cause they have a washer and a spinner !!!!! So I've been able to actually get out of our apartment on p days now because we would spend the whole day in the apartment for p day and my companion finally understood that I was depressed about this. So she has been very sweet and supportive with us leaving our apartment and making sure I get to vent and relax. Having Noel here has been so awesome!
She told me that I'm the first and only missionary she had talked in english to!!!! She told me that hermana Gomez (her mom) was like" you need to talk to her because no one in this town speaks english but you and I can tell that she is lonely" Now Noel and I are like best friends now and she is acutally going to serve a mission after she finishes her Masters in Resistencia. Seriously I love the Gomez family!! They are like the only 100% solid family in the church in Ituzaingo.....theres maybe 1 other family thats strong in the church but has a lot of serious problems. Anyway I`ve written about the Gomez family before. I love them and many members here serve the missionaries soooo much. We need to do the same in our homes and wards!! Its so awesome when people want to listen and learn from the missionaries because they love us soooo much. Its hilarious how being a missionary can invoke the craziest reactions from people.
People can dislike you so much and then around the corner you met someone who just grabs your face with love because you are teaching their family who are not yet members. Anyway Mom hopefully I will get your envelope not this wednesday but next Wednesday at my district meeting in POsada. My mission is HUGE and so all our mail goes to the mission office in Resistencia and then gets distributed out to the areas of the missionaries which is 4 different states. I get all my mail when my companion and I go to Posada which is like a big city where we have our meetings for District.
I'm actually hoping to go to Posada as my next area in my mission but I don't think that will happen for another 4 months. I'm pretty sure my companion will be leaving in 2 weeks at this next tranfer.........I'm praying to have a really strong leader as my next companion. I love you all every much and pray for everyone everyday. love hermana Schmidt
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment