
Thursday, November 18, 2010
November 15th email and pictures!

Hello family! I am finally sending pictures!! Enjoy!! The person in the photo with the bike was my trainer Hermana Carlosr! Just so you know who is who. Another week has gone by and we have transfers tuesday night but I'm pretty sure that I'll be here for another 6 weeks but who knows???
Well I have had a very eventful week!! First off I have to say that I have had my first experience where someone has thrown things at me because I'm a missionary!! My Companion and I were walking home through the neighborhood where our church is and our apartment. We walked by these teenagers and a few minutes later I could here rock flying through the air and hitting the pavement around us. I turned and looked and the teenagers were throwing rocks at us behind a bush and I saw one of them throwing rocks with all his might at our heads!!!!!!!! yep.....I was pretty horrified because we're Sister missionaries!!!!! But yeah.......the more we suffer, the more blessings that we will recieve so bring on the persecution......
But yeah I had some interesting experiences this past week. First off.....we had Conferencia de Zona in Posadas this past week. It was REALLY awesome and I recievered some big answers. Also it was awesome cause I got to see Elder Meeks from my District in the MTC. I am trying really hard not to compare myself to the others in my District or compare my area and think how much better theirs is. Almost all of them have LOTS of batipsms except for one in Corrientes in the Capital.
I'm in Ituzaingo COrrientes which is a tiny vacation town with a beach in the middle of no where. Honestly I think the state of Corrientes is the only State in Argentina that doesn't have a stake. But that's okay because Missionaries are here to help. I learned in Conference that its the faith of the missionaries that converts the investigators......interesting...huh??
Presidente Castillo said that if you don't want to work or you´re bored.......its because you're not obedient and don't have the Spirit. The Spirit brings us these desires.......be obedient and work has hard as you can and whatever problems you have will pass and you won´t want to leave your mission at the end.
But yeah there were alot of other things that were really powerful and my Companion and I left with a desire to do MUCH MUCH better in our area. Our numbers were soooo good the next 3 days after Conferience that we actually did better than our goals that we had set!!!!! One day we were sitting in the bus and this man looked at us and in my mind I heard.......talk to him....and of course my Companion and I were exhausted.....we were in the bus to head to the farthest part of Ituzaingo where its the poorest. My Companion was sleeping and so was I but the thought to talk to this man kept nagging me........so I sat up and watched for when he was going to leave the bus.......I whispered to my companion that I need to talk to him and when he got off....I ran off of that bus like crazy. I talked to him and asked if we could visit and teach him.
He said yes and later we passed by his house where he was sitting with his wife outside. His wife listens to ALL missionaries who pass by and she is special. She said that her husband normally does not listen to Misionaries but that we can pass by anytime and he said that he would listen!! Because I listened to a prompting we had 2 new investigators that day! We also had a miracle on Sunday where a woman who has ben investigating the church forever actually went to church!!!!!!! SHe has never been to church while I´ve been here and its been a REALLY long time since she has attended. So I actually cried when I saw her come with a member. She always says that she'll come but never does.
I've been teaching her for a really long time here and she actually told us about 2 months ago that she doesn't want to listen anymore and it broke my heart because she knows the church is true but is hard-headed. Her neighbors refused to talk to her and started creating problems because she was visitig with us. So she wouldn't even let us enter in her house anymore or open the door! But in the last 4 weeks she started to let us pass by again. But yeah it was a miracle for me and we actually had 4 investigators in the church Sunday. Anyway I have more but for now I've going to send more pictures!! I love you all!!! Keep emailing and writing!! love hermana Anna Schmidt
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment