Saturday, October 22, 2011
Last emails of the mission!
October 11th:
Hello family!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is my second to last email from Argentina to ya´ll..I can´t even believe it! Yes there was a holiday yesterday so we worked and had p day today. Its also my birthday this Sunday and it also happens to be Mother´s Day in Argentina. So my last Sunday in the Mission is my Brithday AND Mother Day here.
I am SUPER HAPPY because on Sunday we had 8 investigators in Church and it was awesome but ofcourse really stressful becasue ou have to worry about all of them!!! . Even if I don´t baptize in my last transfer.....I am happy because I am leaving my area better than I found it. I am also kinda sad because I will be leaving Hermana Mondaca. We have had soooo many funny moments together and I have soo much to share when I come home. I love you all.......and I always pray for all of you!! love hna Schmidt
October 3:
Hello family!! Well I officially had my 4th and last General Conference in the Mission. I throughly enjoyed every single talk and its always fun to be with all the "Gringo" Missionaries and watch it in English. I feel really comforted and closer to home when I watch General Conference. There were many talks that I really liked including when story of President Monson saying "it's Better to Look Up!" The next time that I am in school, I am planning without fail to attend Conference. Everyone here can't believe that I've never gone and I can't believe it either. You would not believe the last that I had......holy crap.....crazy stuff. First off We have a new investigator who "se le quema el arroz" . My Companion from Chile is teaching me ALL kinds of sayings from Chile. It means "he burned the rice" I will proceed to explain. We taught an Evangelico Minister who told us that he had an illness that no Doctor could heal...he had an devilish spirit inside of him when he was 12. He explained that it came from the vibes of the tv watching Power Rangers, Batman, Spiderman and lastly he told us that Mickey Mouse is GAY. When he said this.....my Companion almost died laughing afterwards cause she told me that my mouth almost dropped off my face. When he said that Mickey Mouse was gay.....I suddenly understood what his illness had been..........HE WAS GAY!!!! He told us this horrible story how the Ministers performed exorcisms to take out the gay Devil in him. It is soooo sad becasue his view of God is all harsh and punishing. It was an eye opening experience. We were able to teach the first lesson and it was actually a good experience because those evanglicos are CRAZY Smart about the bible BUT WE WERE NOT CONFOUNDED. My Companion and I had all the right words given to us and it was actually a very good lesson. Even better was that he didn't want to fight.....he did not have the Spirit of Contention.......its too bad that he didn{t go to the Conference so that he could learn that Heavenly Father deeply loves us and that God is not this harsh being who strikes us down everytime we fall through. Soooooo to go back to the se le quema el arroz.........thats what you say when someone is a big old fruit!!!!!!!! Yeah......this was a spiritual email!!!!!!!!!! Love you all!! please pray for me as I was praying for you all and WRITE ME EMAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love hna anna Schmidt...........p.s. I have like 2 weeks until I come home........CRAZY!
September 19th:
I don´t have any time left but I wanted to let ya´ll know that I am doing well. I had a really special experience sharing my testimony with an investigator in English which I will share next week!!!!!!!!!! PLease write me emails about everything that is going on back home!!! Mom- next Monday I will call Chase Bank to see whats going on with my credit card!!! When you get paid if you could put alittle money in that would be really awesome. This next month I will recieve VERY little money from the church because I leave for home 20 of October!!! Just a few days after my birthday!!!! Crazy!! I love you all!!! Hna. Anna Schmidt
August 23:
Hey family!!! I have attached a picture of what was my last Zone Conference. My Mission is sooo huge that the President had to have like 6 different Zone Conferences and take 6 different photos. This was the Zone Conference in Formosa 1. I am doing better. I got some kind of food posioning that made me super sick and I passed out in a Grocery Store but my Zone Leaders took me to a bunch of Doctors and we had photos taken of my stomach and blood tests done. I am fine now and they actually found out from the digital photos that I have an ovarian cyst which has nothing to do with me being sick but its good that we discovered that I guess. I am doing much better. It was a holiday here in Argentina Monday so that meant that we worked MOnday and had P-day today. However we still had District Meeting today on our P day!!!??? That was weird and crappy but it actually really nice becasue I get to see Hermana Medero!!!!!! I seriously love the Companions that I had for 3 transfers in my Mission!!! Hna Catricura and Hna Medero.........I love them to death! okay family......please continue praying for me and my COmpanion Hna Nava that we will find people to baptize before I leave here!!!! I am soo happy that Mom is okay and starting up work again and that Dad is starting a new law office. I am also really proud of Johnathan for being called as a Deacon President!!! Thats soo awesome!! I am also really excited about DIsney World on November!! Thankyou Laura for writing me (AT LAST) I love you all.....love hermana anna schmidt
August 9:
Hello family & friends!!! I didn´t write yesterday because we had our first Zone Conference with our New Mission President. I couldn´t believe that it was my last Zone Conference in my Mission. President Hayman and his adorable wife are awesome.Time is going by so fast!!! We were told that we could email our families Tuesday after studies in the morning. Well I have been in Formosa for 2 weeks and I am trying to get used to everything. I have been in Corrientes for soooo long that the change has finally hit me. Good news is that We had a baptism last Saturday and it was pretty awesome.We baptized a little Grandma named Frede and the pictures are hilarious becasue Frede and my companion are sooo short and tiny and I´m just a tall giant. This baptism was pretty interesting because the drain didn´t work in the baptismal font!!!! Of course we had to clean out the font first and then we found out the the drain wasn´t working very well. The font was filled with bubbles.......seriously. We managed to scoop out all the bubbles with the help of the Zone Leaders and we went ahead and filled up the font. Well we had our baptism and everything went smoothly and then when we tried to empty the font we realized that the machine to empty the font broke.....sooooooo we spent about 3 hrs using buckets to empty the font. Yep....I believe that my mission consists of experiences that have never happened to me before. I took lots of pictures to remember this day!
I seriously love this area.....the people are sooo awesome and the members here help us sooo much. This is the first apartment in my Mission that has ceiling fans and an air conditioning machine!!!!!!! The apartment itself is pretty crappy but I´ve got cold air to sleep with!!! We also have a laundromat close by out apartment!!!!!! I pay 25 pesos and they wash and dry my clothes......HEAVEN!!
In this area we get soooo many references from the members....we don´t even have to go looking for people because we just receive names. Hopefully I will be ending my Mission with many more baptisms before I leave here. one of the greatest blessings that I have received in my Mission other than sharing the Gospel is that I have realized how truly blessed I am. I KNOW that all these blessings have come from being a member of God´s true church and being active in that church.I have also learned that I have many things that I need to change and make better and that with the help of my Savior...I can do it. I love you all......I am always praying everyday that you will all be protected and okay. love you all again, Hna Anna Schmidt
August 1:
Hello everyone!!!!!!! First off, I´ve got to remember to wish my only sister Laura HAPPY 22 BIRTHDAY for this Friday. I love you and
I´m so proud of you. You are a freakin awesome beautiful woman and I love you forever!!!
Well transfers came and I AM IN FORMOSA!!!!!!!! I have finally left that wretched state of Corritentes although I already miss everyone and my converts. I am a little scared to say it too much but I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!! I am seriously in another world and it is AWESOME!! The people here are sooo amazing and friendlly and the members are soooooooo loving and kind. Everyone has their arms wide open here for the Missionaries. I am in the capital in an area called Puerto 2 and it just awesome. We have lunches 5 times a week with the members and the most amazing Ward MIssion Leader who gives us references every single day!!!!! We don´t even have to knock doors here because we get sooo many references to contact. Our ward mission leader Hermana Baez is OBSESSED with taking care of us. He is a convert of 2 years and has an amazing conversion story. He buys us food EVERY SINGLE DAY.
My New Companion is named Hna. Nava and she is 29 yrs old and from Mexico. She reminds me A LOT of my trainer. She has 10 months in Mission and 2 transfers here. She is very sweet and she joined the church about 5 years ago and is now in the Mission. She comes from a family of 12 and more than half of her Sisters & brothers are all out in the Mission as well !!!!!!!!! AMAZING!! I think that I´m in the most crappy small apartment of my Mission but now that I´ve gotten used to this way of life, I am totally fine with it and have already been working into turning it into a home & fixing it up this P-Day. I will leave every apartment better than I find it!!! I am very excited to work here and sad that I will only have a few months here. We have a stake here and a huge stake center!!!! The people are so humble and sweet. okay....I´m out of time but I love you all..........I am always praying that Mom will be okay and recover. I understand that you can´t come to pick me up because of medical problems. I love Dad´s plan of going to Disney World instead!!!!!!!!! Thats perfectly fine with me!! You all know that I LOVE Disney World!!! Until next week..... HNA. Schmidt xoxo
July 11th:
Hello everyone!!! I can`t believe that this transfer is more than halfway over.........CRAZY.......I only have 2 transfers left after this one!! (Not to be trunky or anything...HA) Well I had my first interview with the New Mission President and got to know his wife.......look in the Liahona to read more about them!! Its in the new one about the Latin pioneers of the church. Presidente Hayman is a HUGE change!!!!!! I loved my interview with him!!!!!!!! He is soooooooo American! He is just sooooo loving & wants to listen & understand.......it WAS WEIRD!!!!!!!!!! I am super excited about this Mission President and sad that I only have 3 months with him!!!!!!! Don`t get me wrong......President Castillo was amazing & I`ll miss him & his wife. He helped me sooo much.I did tell President Heyman that I did have a whole year in Corrientes and that I was ready to leave the state of Corrientes........he promised me that he would keep me in mind & pray and ask where I should go..........my other 2 options are Formosa and Posadas MIsiones!!!!!!! We will see what happens!!!!!!!! Well we had the first good week in FOREVER!!! We actually found new people who wanted to listen!!! It was pretty awesome and my COMpanion & I were sooo excited. We did have the craziest experience this week..........now that there are 2 gringas together....the men in the street are EVEN worse........its soooo awful sometimes.......we were walking and this kid on his bike rides by and starts saying things to me that are totally not okay........I asked him how old he was and told him to be quiet........well he starts following us and it turns into this whole group of 13 yr old teenagers on their bikes following us forever......luckily we had a church member with us who was a guy. I walked up to the house of an investigator and knocked on his door and these teenagers just started surrounding us around the house........it turned into a group of like 15 teenagers just yelling dirty things and teasing us......... the sister of our investigator answered the door and looked out of the house in shocked and asked what was going on!!!!!!!!1 I was totally overwhelmed and couldn´t talk to her because it was just so crazy!!!!!!!!!! SO of them just came right up close to us to look and say things!!!!! CRAZY........but luckily them left us alone as we walked away from the house........we kinda walked in shock and the member told us that it was good that he came with us this day. Sunday was an AWESOME day because our investigator Valeria who was suppose to have been baptized on June 25.......came to church!!!!!!!!!! Her horrible Father moved back in with her Mom and told her that she couldn´t go to church anyone so we lost contact of her for a while........SHe told us Sunday that her Mother is fighting with her Dad to let her come to church....She is soooo strong!! SHe just turned 15 and she is sooooo much stronger than her Mom & SIster who are actual members of the church!!!!! I have hope that one day we can baptize her!!!!!!! Anyway......don`t have much more to say!!! I just got a call from the Mission office sayig that I have gotten that package that Mom & Dad sent and that I can`t recieve anymore cause its my 4th one.................so don`t send me anymore........ya`ll can send me the padded vanilla envelopes filled with stuff though.........I love you all.....PLEASE KEEP PRAYING FOR US!!!! Happy Brithday Mom......I love you very much!!! Love Hermana Anna
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment