Hermana Anna Michelle Schmidt's Journey in the Argentina Resistencia Mission


A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Lao-tzu

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Monday December 20th email

Hey Family & friends!! I think I have survived one of the hardest weeks in my Mission so far. First off and most important......there was a baptism in Ituzaingo Corrientes for the first time in more than 7 months!!!! And.....she is my baptism : )

You would not believe the things that happened before this woman was baptized. I started feeling really sick but it was different than normal. I started having problems with my stomach last Sunday.....and then my back started hurting. I started to toss and turn at night because I felt pain and discomfort in my body.

Tuesday afternoon after our investigator's interview I felt like I needed to get a blessing from Elder Christofferson (yep there were Elders in Ituzaingo for maybe 2 hrs and it was AWESOME to see the looks on the faces of everyone here! ) In the blessing He said, God is watching over you and protecting you....God is also watching over and protecting your family.

There were other really wonder things but I really started thinking about how God IS protecting me and my family. Tuesday night was when things got worse. I started to have the craziest chills I have ever had!!!! I was sooo cold and then afterwards I started to get REALLY REALLY hot. I still had pains in my stomach and my body just really hurt. My Companion called the Mision President's wife Wednesday morning and she said go to the Doctor NOW.

We went to the Doctor in the Morning and after talking to me and feeling my stomach- he was very concerned. He was afraid that I had appendicitis and this Doctor started calling everyone in town during lunch to do analysis.......We have a 4 and 1/2 hr break in this town where EVERYTHING is shut down for lunch and a huge nap. The Doctor also said that he didn't want any money right now and that we could work everything out in the end. This was a HUGE blessing b/c here......you pay BEFORE you walk through the door. He made about 3 different phone calls and said things like........these girls are here alone and they are Missionaries from the church......this is serious we need to have right now.

Seriously Heavenly Father was looking out for me. We did X-rays right after of my stomach. Afterwards we left to have blood tests done and that alone was a horrible experience because I had the most horrible reaction afterwards in the Doctor office. I left reality for a little bit and it was awesome because I couldn't feel any pain but then I woke up with my Companion and the Doctor. My teeth hurt really bad because my Companion said when I blacked out that I started grinding my teeth like crazy.

This other Doctor made a taxi come and bring us to our apartment. We had to wait until night time to get all the results. This is when my fever started in REALLY strong and it was over 102 when my Companion took it. Honestly I was soooo frustrated and mad when all this started because we had a baptism the same week!!!! There were sooo many things we needed to do still. Anyway a member came to our apartment and gave me a blessing. He said that I would finish my Mission and that I would have health and strength. He also said that this thing that I had would NEVER affect me again in my life after my Mission.

Anyway the night came and we went to the Doctor with the results of the blood test and he was worried again. My fingernails had turned blue and my fever was still above 102. He said......you need to be in the hospital so you can be observed and have an IV. He called the hospital (there is only one here and its public) and we checked in. Alright.....I'm out of time......to be completed next week! But seriously this entire experience I was able to learn once again how blessed I am in my life and the miracle of how people's lives can change when we bring them to Gospel. I am so grateful that its Christmas and a little sad to be without my family. But I am without my family for a little period of time so that others can be with their families FOREVER!! I am grateful for seeing once again the hand of the Lord in my life and in the lives of others!! I am much better and have many meds to fininsh off this thing in my body. I Love you all and MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Its sooo hot here!!! love hermana Anna Schmidt

No comments:

Post a Comment