Hermana Anna Michelle Schmidt's Journey in the Argentina Resistencia Mission


A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Lao-tzu

Sunday, February 6, 2011

End of January emails

January 31st:
Hola Familia y amigos. Yo no Pudeo creer la semana que yo tenia. Otro vec es P DAY........

.First off to Hermana Shirley.....my awesome most wonderful tutor in the MTC: I am soooo THRILLED that you are now engaged and getting ready to be married in the Temple.....I got your letter about a week or two ago......I love you.......thank you for everything that you did for me in the MTC.....you listened ALOT and witnessed a TON of tears......thankyou for your prayers still......please email me wedding pictures one day before the end of my mission!!!!!!

Okay everyone, my companion and I had a VERY hard week.....but our numbers are amazing here in Laguna Seca in the Capital of Corrientes.......We had 5 investigators in the church this past Sunday and the Mission President is VERY happy with our work here..our numbers are better than our Zone Leader.

I am still struggling A LOT but honestly its been pretty awesome because my Companion and I know each other much better and we are actually laughing A LOT at all the crazy stuff thats happening. And.....that's really good.......by the way today is my 10 month birthday in the MIssion. Its hard to believe that in 2 months I will have 1 yr in the mission......its all downhill from that.

I had my 3rd interview with My Mission President and I was able to talk about a lot of things that have been in my mind. It was really good that talk about those things. This past week the members here REALLY helped us out alot and it was really great. I'm starting to get to know them better and things are getting better but its still very hard.

But something that I never understood before is that with the atonement of Jesus Christ......it doesn't take away your suffering but its helps you get through it because Jesus Christ made it through it and he knows how to help you. What's really strange now that I look back at my time in Ituzaingo.....I really have a lot of love for that area and I REALLY miss it......the faithful members there are sooooo wonderful and I miss hma Catricura and I actually miss my bed.........seven and a half months there........but I am happy to be in this new area.......

I am stilll adjusting to the culture shock here in different ways but there are many wonderful things as well...........anyways I love you all......please keep praying for me as I am praying for you all everyday!! Love Hermana Anna Schmidt


January 24th:
Hello family!!
Well......Its been about 1 month here in my new area. I have been learning a TON and its still really hard. BUT...I think I'm making progress......first off I am thrilled to say that I recieved my little package of clothes Laura sent FOREVER ago!! I was sooooooo happy when I got it!! I am in desperate need to clothes!!

I am dying my black skirt for the second time......yep...I've learned have to be frugal.......my Companions are sewing up the holes in my clothes and I'm dying my skirt black again......if I have only know how rough the mission would be on your clothes.......now If I could go back.....I would buy like 10 of the wrinkle free blouses from DCC a little big (.for all the weight the Sisters gain in the Mission ) and I would have brought those shoes I left Laura in my package in the MTC because the shoes here won't last.........I need to find some European shoes here which are going to cost a ton but whatever......my former Companion from Chile has some really great amercian shoes that she is going to leave for me when she finish the Mision in one more transfer........but I wanted to share the lyrics of a really funny missionary song that is to the melody of a church song that Hermana Catricura always played in our apartment in Ituzaingo and I totally can relate to every single word!!!!!!!!!

Will I ever learn this language?
WIll it ever come easily?
When the people I met, start to speak
Will I know what they`re saying to me ?
Teach me, I beseech thee
Help me learn my role
Teach me, Teach me
This language that I need to know
Will I ever learn this language
And recognize the sounds
of the native tongue when I am among
the lost souls who want to be found.
Will I always be a stranger in some distant foreign land
Will I ever be at home and not feel alone
Will I ever understand????????
Teach me I beseech thee thee
Help me learn my role
Teach me, Teach me
this language that I need to know
Everyday I keep on hoping, working, waiting
Wondering if I will ever feel at ease
I should be out there cause I know that I should be teaching
Instead of just crying myself to sleep here on my knees
If I`m going to learn this language
I think it is perfectly clear
Its more than just words that need to be heard, its what only the Spirit can give
Teach me, I beseech thee
Help me learn my Role
Teach me, Teach me
&nb

January 17th:
Hey family!!!! WOW.....halfway through january....its horribly hot but I'm actually doing okay with the heat.....sometimes its hard to sleep at night though because its soooo hot.We sleep with our bedroom windows open. We don't have any air conditioning in our apartment but we have 2 fans......one for each person to sleep with!!


I just have to survive another 6 weeks and then we start to cool down and prepare for autumn & winter! Anyway I am thrilled to say that we had a really good week. We had an amazing day that resulted in our District leader calling me late at night to congragulate me......yep.......I was pretty thrilled. But rIght now its REALLY hard....this is a really hard change......I miss my other Companion........I miss my bed in Itunzaingo.....I miss the members there A TON......and the investigators.

When we were in Walmart today...they were playing popular classic music from the 90's that I listened to as a teenager and there were a ton of american things in there and I just REALLY started to miss the United States & my life soooo much.

SO yeah I'm kinda dumping all my problems onto ya'll......I don't want anyone to worry......its just really hard right now. I just have to endure and have faith that in the end.....everything will be okay and turn out. My companion from the MTC is here in the Capital of Corrientes and she is in a VERY difficult area.....how lucky am I to be in this area with investigators in the church every Sunday. I was talking to her about everything and she reminded me of a really great section in Preach my Gospel about how every missionary has special talents and that they are in their areas because the Lord knows exactly what the area needs......she is right.....I know that I can do this.....

I know that my MIssion President prayed and knew that I needed to be here with a new missionary as Senior Companion........Pray for me......I love you all and am always praying for my family!!! Love you all......hermana anna Schmidt

No comments:

Post a Comment