Hola familia!!! Guess who had a baptism Saturday? HERMANA SCHMIDT!
I had my first man baptized and he will be receiving the Priesthood next Sunday! Guess what?? I have ANOTHER baptism this next Saturday!!!!
Yup, pretty awesome! All day I kept thinking......wow I have a baptism! I am very pleased…it’s so awesome because before.....this man was a different person......and now......he is the happiest person that I have ever seen!! He’s had a rough life and it’s amazing to see how the Gospel of Jesus Christ changes the lives of WHATEVER person who embraces it.
I have never before in my life been so grateful for the church. We are sooooo blessed to be members of the church in the United States where we have giant wards and the members go above and beyond their duty and have developed their talents. Here it is a very special thing if you can play the piano...it’s not like in our house where you can find a teacher in every neighborhood.
NOW...I actually have a ton of things that I plan to do after my mission like for example....now I want to learn a hymn or song from the Primary song book every week when I get back home. From what I’ve seen in my areas in my mission there are many problems but the members who are faithful are sooo amazing and it’s the same faithful members of the church who are doing all they can do to help us missionaries......You ALL need to help the missionaries back home!!!
They have other struggles and you need to invite them to eat dinner in your house! There are members here who are very poor but they always feed us- (that’s why we become fat)! There are special blessings for people who help the missionaries.
Okay.....there are million things that I want to share but I can’t remember in this minute but I am doing okay.......this is very difficult but we are not able to learn if things are always easy. I do feel very strongly that my Mission is preparing me for other responsibilities and future callings. I am planning on studying Spanish in college after my mission as well. The other week was very hard for me and I received a blessing from an Elder and in this blessing he said that it is NECESSARY that I am on a mission and that there are people for me to find and baptize. I am learning that having faith is having hope that things will get better and putting your trust in the Lord that everything will turn out the way he promised it would. I received a blessing in the MTC that told me how my mission would end. I am working hard to put faith in that promise....please pray for my investigator Ina that she will be able to meet this goal of baptism this Saturday. Also if you could all put the name of my investigator Nancy Torres in the temple! I love you all!! please pray for me as I am praying for you and what the heck???? Where are my letters?! Love hermana anna schmidt
Hola Familia! Estoy tan feliz decir que yo tuve otro bautismo!!!!
Now in English......I am very happy to say that I have another baptism.......yep our theme here in the Argentina Resistencia Mission is Baptisms Every Week.......and it’s true. I am in the highest baptizing mission in Argentina and I am thrilled to say that my name is listed with my companion in the weekly email that all the missionary´s receive.......and it says that Hermana Schmidt and Hermana Medero had a baptism!!!!
First time my name is listed but not the last!!! Things are going very well here and we are working a lot. I’m not sure what happened here but this area has changed and we are baptizing. PLEASE THANK....the Mclaughlin family because I received an AWESOME Christmas package from them!!!!!! I was sooo thrilled because it was a bunch of really cute things from Target. Anyway...if everything goes to plan-----we are planning to baptize about 3 teenagers this Saturday.....the sons of my new convert. Anyways I love you all and am praying a lot for all of you. love Hna. Schmidt



No comments:
Post a Comment