Hermana Anna Michelle Schmidt's Journey in the Argentina Resistencia Mission


A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Lao-tzu

Friday, April 22, 2011

Baptism Pictures!





April 11th:

Hello family! I am thrilled to say that my companion and I had 2 baptisms on Saturday for Lucas and Ezequiel....so thank you everyone who prayed for them.

IT WAS BY FAR THE MOST SPIRITUAL BAPTISM OF MY MISSION. Ezequiel is REALLY shy so we didn't share this baptism with the Elders in Maipu....and Ezequiel invited his new friends from Institute and his family.

It was sooo sweet because we also baptized his youngest brother who is 9 yr old....their Mother was sooo happy...(we baptized her in Feb) It was seriously the most spiritual baptism that I have ever attended. Ezequiel & his brother were sooooo happy and it was sooooo sweet!

Ezequiel wants to prepare for his Mission now....he is 21. He received the Aaronic priesthood yesterday in church and was so happy. His story is just so awesome because he is very shy and hates attention. When we first visited he really didn't want to talk to us because he is sooo shy but its amazing how he has changed!!

! Sunday....he just about ran up to the front to be confirmed. Lucas is sooo cute and happy as well. yep......So my companion and I are so happy because last year our area only have 4 baptism for the whole year....my Companion and I have had 4 baptisms in 3 months!!!!

The goal of our area is to have 8 for the whole year and we have already hit the halfway mark. When you actually baptize someone who has truly had a change of heart......its just worth all the tears.

Everyone in our Branch is just so excited for the progress in our area. It's amazing how the Lord can see the whole picture and we can only see a little......but if we have faith and take action....we will see the evidence that this was the right path to take and its all true.

I think one of the greatest blessing that I have received in my Mission is learning how truly blessed I am in my life. I am soooo crazy grateful that I am an American and that I have been blessed to be born into the church in an area where the Gospel is sooo strong and the members give everything that they have. Our lives are sooo much easier in different ways than other places in the World but we also have different challenges and temptations that other do not have.


I am ALWAYS praying for ALL of my family....Dad, Mom, Jonathan, Laura, grandparents, aunts uncles,cousins.....I love you all and plan to visit everyone of you!!!

What happened to my letters?? Ya'll can do it!!!!! Only 6 more months to go!!!!! But thank you all dearly for your emails......I love opening my email to see all those emails waiting for me!!!!

Right now I need everyone to pray that I will receive both of my packages with everything in it....everyone pray please!!! Love you all....Hna Anna Schmidt

No comments:

Post a Comment