Hermana Anna Michelle Schmidt's Journey in the Argentina Resistencia Mission


A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Lao-tzu

Sunday, April 3, 2011

March emails

February 28:
Hola Familia...........Estoy tan feliz decir que yo tuve otro bautismo!!!!
Now in English......I am very happy to say that I have another baptism. Yep our theme here in the Argentina Resistencia Mission is Baptisms Every Week.......and its true. I am in the highest baptizing mission in Argentina and I am thrilled to say that my name is listed with my companion in the weekly email that all the missionary's receive.......and it says that Hermana Schmidt and Hermana Medero had a baptism!!!!

First time my name is listed but not the last!!! Things are going very well here and we are working a lot. I'm not sure what happened here but this area has changed and we are baptizing. PLEASE THANK....the Mclaughlin family because I received an AWESOME Christmas package from them!!!!!! I was sooo thrilled because it was a bunch of really cute things from Target.I never got my christmas package from Dad & Mom.......don't ever send anything through Federal Express......ONLY UPS........you can also gift wrap the things in boxes and normally they won´t open it up!!! Anyway...if everything goes to plan-----we are planning to baptize about 3 teenagers this Saturday.....the sons of my new convert. I love you all and am praying a lot for all of you. love Hna. Schmidt

March 21:
Hello family!!! I am glad to know that things are better.
Things are good here. Transfers are tomorrow and we will see whats going to happen...
I'm pretty sure my companion is going to leave before me but I think that we have one more transfer together......I am pretty shocked at all the things are going in the World and the people here are always asking us questions about the end of the world now......we are always saying if you are prepared....ye need not fear......so LISTEN!!!

But yeah I am happy to know that things are better..........WOW......Heather Turner is going to have another baby!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW......please tell her how much I miss Taylor and how I thought of her when she had her birthday in Sept!

In July we are going to have a new President of the Mission and it will be an American..........that will be weird and interesting for me to say the least. Love you all!

March 28:
Hello family----I am doing fine......REALLY tired but am happy because our investigator who is the 21 yr old son of our recent convert has accepted a date with baptism for April 9 AND listen to this: he doesn't want to waste anytime and he wants to serve a mission right after...how awesome is that????
I am just thrilled...we also have a few investigator who is someone really special and my Companion and I are certain that she will be baptized because she is attending church and doing commitments. This Thursday is my year birthday in the Mission..............how crazy......I love you all.........hermana Schmidt


No comments:

Post a Comment