Hermana Anna Michelle Schmidt's Journey in the Argentina Resistencia Mission


A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Lao-tzu

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Anna's letter received May 6 is a copy of her journal entry dated April 30

Some tremendous things have happened. I am truly grateful for Hermano Zirkle. He is such an amazing child of God and has been such a blessing to me to have as a teacher. He is such an example of charity and the pure love of Christ. I had a meeting with him and he gave me great guidance.

1. Look outside myself - he told me that his brother learned on his mission in Spain that when you lose yourself in missionary work that you will find yourself.

2. Speak the language now - if I try to speak Spanish right now even though I am struggling and it is really hard the Lord will bless me with the gift of tongues.

He also shared so much other counsel and advised me to work hard to get to know the Savior. He reminded me of Peter who was able to walk on water, but when he became afraid and began to doubt, taking his eyes off the Savior - he began to sink into the waves. He instructed me to always keep my eyes on Christ. We also talked about Satan and D & C 50:23 - dark thoughts and feelings come from Satan. He reminded me that I already know Satan's game plan! Virtue is about having positive thoughts - I must let virtue garnish my thoughts - in other words "think positive" at all times. He gave me an assignment to write down everyday 3 things that are evidences of God's love for me no matter how small they may seem.

At the end of our meeting, I asked him for a blessing. It was an amazing blessing - in it the Lord promised me that I would have peace, courage and the Holy Ghost to be with me as I lived worthily. Hermano Zirkle stated how much the Lord loves me and that as I look back over my life I could see moments where the Lord showed his love. He blessed me with ENERGY which is really a challenge for me as I only get 71/2 to 8 hours of sleep and I usually need much more. He blessed me that on the last night of my mission in the Mission President's home I would look back and feel tremendous gratitude and humility and I would be pleased with how I handled many difficult situations. He said I would be a powerful instrument in the Lord's hands and even after my mission within my own family to bring others to Christ.

Afterward when I went back to class, I felt such peace and I was even able to speak in spanish --my companion Hermana Elwood was so pleased and happy for me! She said that she felt a huge difference in me! I do feel different! To close, I will quote Hermano Zirkle, "Sacudalos con el espiritu" which means "Hit them with the Spirit"

No comments:

Post a Comment