Hermana Anna Michelle Schmidt's Journey in the Argentina Resistencia Mission


A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Lao-tzu

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Anna's weekly email Dated Thursday April 29, 2010

Hola mi familia & Amigos!!!

My time is once again limited but I have sooo much to say......first off- thank you for ALL the Dear Elders & letters.......they mean EVERYTHING to me!! Actually sometimes people in my District give me crap because I receive so much mail from people but yeah....missionaries aren't perfect!! And sometimes that mail keeps me sane!! So PLEASE keep writing!! Kastle: I LOVE YOUR Dear Elders!! I read them to my companions all the time and usually tear up while I do so.

Spanish is still tremendously difficult for me and I get so angry at myself because it's so hard for me. The Lord is really humbling me big time! In this past month I have learned so much about myself.......I look at my MTC teachers and they are all return missionaries who are younger than me but somehow seem like 30 yrs older with all their wisdom & strong testimonies. It's amazing what a mission does to you! You can truly be molded into the best version of yourself. Don't worry Laura!! I'm still me and my personality & sense of humor isn't going anywhere. Amazing week though!! We actually had L Tom Perry come and speak at Tuesday devotional and he actually met a man who met Martin Harris!!!!

He said that Martin Harris testified to everyone how he saw the Gold Plates and that Joseph Smith is a Prophet of God! It was amazing!!! I wrote to you all about Hermano Zirkle......(he looks like a human version of Ken Barbie remember??) We have decided that he's actually one of the 3 Nephites! He's been amazing to have as a teacher! Everyday I'm learning more and more how to rely on my Savior as I struggle to learn Spanish! I have seen personal miracles everytime I go and pray in the Linen closet out loud (so I can be alone & pray out loud) I am grateful for this Gospel and love you all! I pray for all of you!! I will write letters and send them today!! I love you!! Love Hermana Anna Schmidt

No comments:

Post a Comment